Saturday, April 26, 2008

Save the Date!


(A make-shift "save the date" that made the "no" pile...alas)
*I would like to announce that Bernhardt is designing our "Save the Date" and wedding invitations - he's the artist in the house, why not?! I get a say so it's all equal (his request), but I am excited that he is the project master. It's sweet and he is really working hard to make the perfect SOMETHING.

We have decided they will all probably be post-cards...saving in paper costs and stamps. Because wedding invitations just get thrown away in the end...might as well be friendly to the pockets...

On another note:
It's time to start the whole "who we want to come to our wedding list" - and it's tough. I made a list the other day and I had around 176 people - and that's just MY family and friends. Jeez! And yet, when I spoke with my mom, she said to probably count most of our family out because they won't be able to travel...which makes me sad because they've traveled for everyone else...but then again, everyone else was within 8 hours driving distance at the farthest point...
but I digress.

How does one whittle down a list? I mean, I KNOW how to do it, I just have a hard time crossing names of people I love...off.

We've decided to have a Georgia reception - that way, I still get to see my extended family (there's a lot of us) and Bern and his family members that are able to attend can see how my life in Georgia was growing up...it's nice...letting them have a glimpse of "Georgia Stace" vs. the usual old "Chicago Stace".

And finally, we have decided to MOVE to Charleston, SC this summer! So Chicago is going to be our destination. Some say it will be hard to plan from far away, but I have a good team of maids on my side.

The moral of the blog: anything is possible when planning a wedding, from post-card invitations to a change of living space, an extra reception, and whatever else is thrown into the mix. Thank god I have a great support system.

3 comments:

Bruce Otto said...

Stacy,

I received an email through Google Alerts about your blog and just took at look at it. I have never done this before and I hope it's not inappropriate but I thought I would introduce myself. I am a wedding officiant in Chicago, my website is wwww.SpiritedWeddings.com and my new blog is http://chicagoweddingsblog.blogspot.com/

If you haven't found an Officiant and find my site of interest I would love to hear from you. I have conducted several weddings at Garfield Park and you are right, it is a wonderful setting.

Unknown said...

What a small world -- my sister lives in Charleston and just got married down there last summer (plus a 2nd reception in Rockford, where we are from). Actually, I'm going to CHS to visit her this weekend! Such a beautiful city!

Stacy said...

How cool - and yes, indeed, a very small world! We are so excited to move!

PS - I just bought my own Super8 camera to play around with - your idea was so wonderful! I already collect antique cameras...now I'm just going to see if I can put some friends to work:)