Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bridal woes...


(me and a large portion of veal)

For some reason, ever since Bernhardt proposed, I have been way too conscious of my weight, chastising myself for gaining the awesome Chicago Winter 10 - picking on myself if I have anything too fatty...and it sucks. It is a horrible thing to feel bad about myself just so I can fit in a stupid dress in a year. It's been making me really take stock in the things that are important to me...and I think I've been acting selfish and mopey because I feel fat. It's so dumb. So I'm not going to worry about my wedding dress anymore or how skinny I am. I'm Stace! I have curves. SO WHAT? Right?

(us, at a gas station in IN, summer 2007)

I had a great talk with Bernhardt and he set me straight when I was feeling really bad...he said the sweetest thing I have ever heard - he said, "Stacy, I wish you could just see the things I see...I think you're beautiful...and I don't think you're fat at all! I think you're so beautiful! And we act as each other's better halves, so...you know...know that I'm right and you are beautiful. Believe it. Live a happy life and don't give yourself a hard time. We have a year to just BE healthier."

(us, dancing at home after a rainstorm, 2006)
So...I'm going to take his advice and chill out. Instead of my butt and my waist, I'm going to be happy and active and rejoice in the fact that I'm marrying someone awesome. Because this selfish "I'm fat" thing is really just bringing me down.

1 comment:

Alegría Vegan Cuisine said...

Seriously you have hit it on the head