Sunday, February 17, 2008

Not thinking...

This has been the first weekend I haven't been worried or nervous about the wedding...and here I go contradicting myself and writing about it:).

But seriously...I think it's because I had food and wine with my "staff" of bridesmaids and they made me feel good and not worried about planning - it's nice to have friends...a "crew"...whatever you call it...to feel that there are people behind you making you feel smiley. Claire, Jade, Malissa, and yours truly went to Vintage Wine Bar for a rockin' good time.
http://www.vintage-chicago.com/



We took Polaroids of us in "action" and Claire gave me a beautiful scrapbook to put all the planning pictures in...I'm really embracing this girly side of myself and I LIKE it. I've never even considered a wedding scrapbook (even though I am a compulsive archivist) and now I can't wait to paste everything inside and show it off at the reception next year!


Two of the ladies (Malissa and Jade) and I went to a Hula Hoop yoga/dance class this past Friday at Moksha Yoga here in Chicago. For those who live here, check it:
http://www.mokshayoga.com/events/mercedesgomez0208.html

We had SO MUCH FUN hooping, jumping, and dancing...and I've decided to beat these winter blues with more group classes and fun workouts like these. I haven't laughed to hard in ages - in the first class we learned how to limbo and butt-bump the hoop. We celebrated Jade getting a full-time zoo-keeping job (yup, she's a zoologist boys)and giggled and yelled at Chicago's "Old Man Winter". It made me feel happy to be living and getting married here.

No comments: