Thursday, January 3, 2008

Engaged!

As of January 1, 2008 I am engaged.



Wow.
Head rush.
Heart flutter.

I'm a wedding person in disguise. I am. I love going to them and I have always had the idea of marrying the perfect person in my mind. Now that I have FOUND the perfect man, I have no idea about what kind of wedding I want...never mind the "I" - WE have no clue!

We're 2 children of the 80's meaning we have 4 sets of parents and 10 grandparents - we have endless amounts of half-siblings, cousins, stepsisters and stepbrothers, aunts, uncles...you get the picture. We have a lot of friends. Basically, it's going to be a huge wedding - - - which means we need a nice big place to house them all and lots of food. That's as far as we've gotten so far! It's great and fantastic and totally overwhelming all at once.

I am feminine but not girly. I hate pink. Roses are cliche. I don't enjoy ribbons. Yet I consider my tastes vintage. My fiance is modern and simple. He loves efficiency. We both hate stress, chaos, and being out of control. I believe our goals are similar, but they're not defined...yet...

We have set a 2 year goal - both my fiance and I are not established in our careers - I am finishing up grad school this year and I HOPE I find a job!!! My fiance (wowowow!) may be going back to school when I finish up...which means slow saving and picking smart options all around...

I know we can do this in a totally civilized, smart, stress-free manner...and I have decided to document the process blogging about what we learn as we go - how to make decisions together, not bump heads, and make our families happy all while planning a wedding that we actually want to participate in - because we're a low key couple...we just love each other with or without a wedding.

More to come! Suggestions are welcome!

No comments: